Thursday, July 14, 2011

Trouble commenting on people's designs

I have been trying to post my feedback comments for John and Latasha, but the screen has me log in repeatedly after typing in the word verification. I am going to post my responses to them here while I figure out how to successfully comment...

John, I really liked the way in which you clearly stated the standards, objectives AND goals. I was, however, under the impression that the lesson goal had to be the "understanding" part. The food pyramid example that we worked on in class stated the understanding part of the lesson as "You are what you eat." With this in mind, do you feel that the lesson goals you currently have are reflective of the overall experience that students will have? Currently you state three goals under the lesson Goal section. Combining these into a single lesson goal may serve to make the overarching goal easier to identify and grasp.

Latasha, I found your overarching understandings and essential questions to be very relevant to the lesson goal of having teachers practice reflection to improve their teachings. I was, however, unclear on "Standard 10". Perhaps writing the source (Illinois and, or ISTE NETS) would make this a little clearer. With that said, how important do you think it is to list specific standards when it comes to teaching teachers rather than students?

No comments:

Post a Comment